March 14, 2011

The Long Race... Is ALMOST Over...


Just an update on how everything is going:

My blood pressure got really high with one of my visits to the doctor, so she told us to keep an eye on it.  Since Chris gets the most practice between us, I had him check me a few times throughout the day.  Thursday it got up to 156/100 (which was on the boarder of what concerned my doctor) and I couldn't get it down after 3 hours of waiting...  So we went into labor and delivery and they watched me and the baby for a good hour or so.  Well, it went down for them, so they sent me home and pretty much put me on bed rest.

We went to the doctor today and my bp was really good compared to last time, but we're still watching it.  It tends to go up if I'm up and about (imagine that...)  Anywho, she said everything is looking good, we listened to the heart beat of baby Jones and it was good.  She also stripped my membranes (sorry if TMI...) and is hoping I go in the next 48 hours.  If I don't, we're basically waiting until Monday comes around when she'll probably induce me.  She did also mention that if my bp gets too high again, she'll just take the baby by C-Section.  But, and this made me smile, she said she likes when the dads get the rush of taking their wife to the hospital.  Lol, I imagine some panic a bit...

Other goings on:

Thanks to everyone who's supported us!  We're so blessed to have such good friends and families!!!  Chris has been the one "nesting" for the both of us.  I've been cleaning a tad bit - just trying to stay up with the normal dishes and laundry and such - but he's been the one putting things together and organizing.  I get to sit in my rocker and tell him where I would like things to go.  But he's been taking such good care of me and baby Jones and making sure we don't want for anything.  I couldn't have asked for a better husband and I'm sure she wouldn't ask for a better dad!

So pretty much now, we're playing the waiting game.  We'll keep you posted and informed when we're informed and so forth!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Maddi! Good luck to you both! Love ya and post some pics of your beautiful little girl when she gets here! :)