DISCLAIMER: i started writing this then had to go do something and forgot to finish... its the story of my life...
So yesterday Leola went in for her 2 month dr. appointment. That time sure has flown by! But after when she had her band-aids on, I got to thinking about my old "owies." Confession: I don't know why, but I'm a HUGE fan of scars. Some have cool stories, some don't; but they're all cool... Perhaps that's why I like them: they all have some sort of story and looking at them help us remember.
-I had this one on my knee that I thought was big (this was when I was like 8...) and I wrecked mt bike on the road and got my knee too. Ya, sad to say, but the scar came off and was replaced by a small one.
-I took my cousin hiking up Adam's Canyon just before his mission. When we got to the waterfall, we decided to hike up the side and go to the top (the pics are on my other computer, sorry.) The top was awesome with a beautiful view, but it went up even further. So we decided to try and make it to the other peak. Ya, we ended up bushwhacking our way along. We found some cool tracks from some kind of deer thing. Sad to say, we never made it to the other peak, the brush and stuff was just too thick. But because of bushwhacking, I got a sweet scar on my shin that was like 6" long. Sad to say, that because the body is so amazing at healing itself, you couldn't see the scar after 3 years or so.
-I have scars on my arms from trying to hold Chubby while Chris clipped his nails.
-I have scars on my hands from shoveling snow, river rafting, and even surgery.
Ya, I like scars...
Bananas
I don't know what led to this conversation, but my mom and I got talking about my elementary days in Layton. The elementary use to do all sorts of safety things for us- finger printing (though I'm sure this helped later when we became hooligans), promoted things like Safety Kids, and went through all sorts of safety scenarios with us. One of these safety things was a secret word. When outside waiting for someone to pick us up, we weren't allowed to go with anyone (friend or stranger) unless they had the secret word and told us. I was trying to remember the words we used and was thinking it was banana, but I can't be sure. :) anywho, that's what bananas remind me of...
Life
Chris and I are doing well with little Leola. He treats me better than I could have ever dreamed and I try to treat him likewise. Just a few highlights since I'm a slacker and haven't posted recently:
-Chris' garden has its ups and downs. Sometimes it looks like everything is dead and the next moment everything is alive.
-We've learned a good lesson: Leola's not allowed to sleep in (she gets cranky all day) but this leads me to think of a seminary lesson I had once where the teacher said there were scriptures that said early to bed early to rise and how it makes us happier. Maybe she's just wanting to be an example to us? --really bad paraphrase of the scripture, i know--
-We were able to bless Leola on Sunday, it was great to have the whole family there (pics to come)
-I've decided to go walking on MWF with some friends in the mornings. It's oober nice to get out of the house and do something! Too, I've always had back troubles - especially when I'm inactive for a while - So I'm going to start yoga on T and Th. Here's hoping it will help.
-I'm starting to make homemade bread. If you know any fabulous recipes, let me know!
-With the warmer weather, we're starting to be outside more - I LOVE mowing the lawn!!
-Leola is growing like a weed! She's in the 90th percentile for height and 70th for weight. (24", 12lbs.)
-Life is absolutely amazing!!
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute little girl :) I have recently fell in love with making bread. I get all my fabulous bread (and other) recipes here: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/ she also has some great tutorials on working with yeast.
thanks!!! i shall have a look for sure!!! :)
Post a Comment