This is just a little of what has been happening since I only posted about Leola last time.
Chris:
He's been back to work now that I've got things under control (lol, sometimes...) He's also looking to get onto a full time fire station. Saturday, he went down to SLC and took a test with UFRA. We're hoping he gets on, but there were around 1,000 people that applied and they're only taking 20 or so. Keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers for us! He's also been gardening lately. Well, that is to say he's just about got our garden plot done (just have to rip one bush that won't die out) and we've got our starts on a good roll. Now we've just got to till everything and plant :) I hope we do better than last year. -last year we tried to "share" a garden with my grandparents. ya, they ended up doing everything... felt really bad about it, so we're going to try and be better this time around!-
Maddi:
Well, of course I've been recovering from having Leola. It's going fairly well still. I'm trying to get into a routine, but it's a little harder than I thought. I think I'll invest in one of those holder things so I can have both hands free. I think I'd get a little more done. I've also started back to work - curse money, and our dependence on it...- It's just part time, and I'm really lucky that they'll let me work from home. :) So I'm home chillin everyday, which is nice. I really want to start working in the yard, though I'm not quite sure where to start. It's been a bit of a mess since we moved in, and we added to it when we chopped down our sycamore tree in the backyard. The sawdust got everywhere... And Chris is just about to chop the rest down, so I don't want to start making it all nice and then have it all damaged again, ya know?
Leola:
Well, she's still growing and changing. It's crazy how they grow so fast. She's starting to put things (her hands for now) in her mouth. Sometimes she'll start sucking on her arms if she's being burped or she's on her tummy. I think she's losing her hair, at least on the top part. It's kind of gone at any rate :) I'm working with her on a routine. She doesn't like it, and lets me know it. She's got the best set of lungs I've ever heard. I think I'm getting hearing damage sometimes, hahaha. The things we go through...
2 comments:
While you're working just make sure that she knows you're there and let her sit in swing or her bouncy chair or lay on a blanket. That way she doesn't expect you to hold her all the time. This also helps when you go outside and she is in a walker, chair or stroller. You'll find you get alot more done and she'll be more confident that you're there for her, but that you dont' always need to hold her. (Even though her grandma loves to hold her all the time when I'm there!) I understand the wanting to hold her all the time! Love you both!
Maddi your posts just make me smile! If you are getting hearing damage from just one, I can't wait to see what happens to me with 2! (and if my poor neighbors can handle 2 crying boys...) I hope you are still recovering well and soo nice for you that you get to work from home!
Post a Comment